Warner Brother’s Q1 lineup was announced this week at the Eglinton Grand in Toronto. Half frozen upon arrival I skipped the Oscar themed red carpet and Harry Potter drinks, choosing instead to park myself in a corner and talk shop with Rue Morgue and EYE Weekly while we waited for the proverbial dinner bell.
After our (delicious) steaks there was a brief address, regarding box office successes (polite clapping), mention of the new Mortal Kombat game (loud clapping, from me) and anti-piracy messaging (dutiful head nodding).
Then it was off to the line-up!
- Big Love season 4 on DVD
- Ricky Gervais season 1 on DVD
- Funny or Die season 1 on DVD
- All the President’s Men on Blu-ray
- Life as We Know It on DVD Blu-Ray Combo Pack
- Pure Country 2 on DVD
- America America on DVD
- Men of a Certain Age season 1 on DVD
- Once Upon A Time in America on Blu-ray
- All-Star Superman on DVD Blu-ray Combo Pack
- Due Date on DVD Blu-ray Combo Pack
- Scooby-Doo!: Curse of the Lake Monster on DVD
- Hereafter on DVD Blu-ray Combo Pack
- Treme season 1 on DVD and Blu-ray
- Yogi Bear on DVD and Blu-ray Combo Pack, 3D Blu-ray
- Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown on DVD and Blu-ray
Most titles were to be expected, but Once Upon a Time in America will be the director’s cut that was screened at Cannes and this is All The President’s Men debut on Blu-ray. Following that announcement we were collectively encouraged to chant: “deep throat!” Which, at the very least, was not to be expected.
Kiva Reardon is a freelance film reviewer and blogger based in Toronto.